Are you the type of person who enjoys exploring other countries, then you can consider the Philippines? The country has a mix of Spanish, American, Spanish, and Malay. They have the best higher education in the Asia continent, and you can get scholarships in the Philippines. Every year, the country attracts 5,000 international students from different parts of the world.
In this country, education is like an investment and many students are searcht for opportunities to enjoy this is an indispensable investment. Studying in the Philippines will need you to spend lots of money to afford the necessities of life such as feeding, transportation, accommodation, and many others. It is the more reason you need scholarships in the Philippines to reduce high expenses.
Benefits of Studying in the Philippines
Many foreign students are getting to know the importance of studying in a country like the Philippines, and they are trying to do everything possible to get there. In the Philippines, the country has a particular language for medium of business and instruction. It implies you can use the same language to carry out business transactions and educational purposes.
According to statistics, 90% of its population can speak the English language fluently. As a result, the country is the highest speaking English country in Asia. International students migrate from their country to have a taste of their quality education. These are some reasons to study in the Philippines:
The Official Language is English:
In the Philippines, English is the second official language. As a result, many top organizations in the country use the language as their means for communication such as business, education, tourism, etc.
Affordable Standard of Living:
International students can survive in the country because they don’t have to spend much before they enjoy their life in the Philippines such as clothing, medical bills, transportation, feeding, accommodation, etc.
They have hospitable citizens which makes it easier for international students to adapt to the country within a few months of relocation. Also, you can integrate with indigenes and other international students to learn about their cultures, food, lifestyle, and many others.
The country has Closed-Circuit Television that functions as a surveillance tool to protect students from danger. Therefore, you don’t have to be scared about anything because the CCTV will keep you safe.
Attractive Sites for Tourism:
There are many historical and beautiful destinations in the country. The Philippines have more than 7,107 Islands which has attracted many foreigners for sightseeing. When you study in the Philippines, you can get accessibility to see these beautiful locations.
Scholarships in the Philippines
The Philippines have scholarships to help students find it difficult to pay their tuition fee. If you want a place or country where you can get access to free education that will make your life better. There are numerous scholarships in the Philippines:
It is one of the scholarships in the Philippines for students indigenes and international students. CHED scholarship is an abbreviation for Commission on Higher Education. They have grants and scholarships for students to support their education financially. The financial benefits that come with the CHED scholarship range for both private colleges and universities.
CHED Scholarship Qualifications:
- You must enroll in either a reputable private college, accredited local university, state university, or Certificate of Program Compliance.
- You must have enrolled in one of the government financial assistance programs
- A Filipino graduate citizen from high school
Requirements for CHED Scholarship:
- Academic documents like result transcripts, recommendation letters, admission letters, etc.
- Income documents like latest ITR of guardians, or parents, Certificate of Tax Exemption, Proof of Income for children, Certificate of Indigency, and many others.
The Department of Science and Technology Scholarship is specifically for students craving to pursue a science and technology career. The scholarship comes with total benefits ranging from PHP 80,000 to PHP 120,000 per annum.
Dost Scholarship Qualifications:
- You must be medically sound
- Have good personality
- You must be a Filipino citizen by birth
- A registered student of the S&T scholarship examination
Requirements for DOST Scholarship:
- Certificate of good medical health
- Personal bio-data
- Certificate of Residency
- Birth Certificate (photocopy)
- Applicant’s Certification
- Parent’s Certification
It is another scholarship in the Philippines and the Government Service Insurance System recognizes the GSIS scholarship. It is regarded as GSIS Educational Subsidy Program too. It has a total benefit of PHP 10,000.
GSIS Scholarship Qualifications:
- You must be a college student studying in either four or five-year courses in a reputable CHED university without any scholarship in either public or private school.
- No outstanding loan for at least three months
Requirements for GSIS Scholarship
- Birth certificate
- Employment certificate
- Registration of grades certificate
The Landbank scholarship is one of the scholarships in the Philippines. The Association of Development Financing Institution in Pacific and other Asia regions. There are other scholarship benefits for the beneficiaries such as full tuition funding, book allowance, thesis funding, licensure examination subsidy, etc.
Landbank Scholarship Qualification:
- Fresher should have at least a minimum of 85
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- You must have been screened by a collaborating institution
- Must not have any financial scholarship association with other external sources.
Requirements for Landbank Scholarship
- Passport photographs
- Medical certificate
- Grade certificates (photocopies)
- Photocopies of BIR Certificate of tax exemption or previous ITR of parents
Megaworld Foundation Scholarship:
The Megaworld Foundation Scholarship is another scholarship in the Philippines for students. The scholarship started in 1999 and they have been helping students with their finance to fund their education for many years. If you are among the beneficiary, you will be eligible for different things like yearly allowance, full tuition fee, a privilege to work with Megaworld Foundation either as a subsidiary or affiliate.
Megaworld Foundation Scholarship Qualifications:
- Certificate of enrollment
- Letter of admission
- A minimum score of 85%
Requirements for Megaworld Foundation:
- Income Tax Return
- Utility bills like electricity, water, and internet
- NBI Clearance
Other Interesting Contents
- IELTS Tips and Tricks for Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening
- 10-Point Checklist: Cheap Universities in the UK
- List of Cheapest Universities in Australia
Scholarships in the Philippines make it easy for different students aspiring to get high-quality education get it without having spent their fortune. Before you can get these scholarships, you will need to have the right criteria for eligibility’s sake. On the other hand, if you don’t meet up the criteria, you won’t be considered for it.